Tuesday, February 23, 2010

www.AdorableDiapers.com Goes Rambo

Ok, so not Rambo, more like Matt Damon in the Bourne Series....

Sometimes, when I can, I have the pleasure of making the Adorable Diapers personal deliveries. It is such a thrill when I have time to do it.

So, today was one of those times.

I was walking through the parking lot of this gigantic office building, lost in thought over just having heard my friends on 101 The Rose, Michelle and Dennis talking about the Olympic sport Curling and having a great laugh, I felt what seemed like hundreds of eyes watching me. I have to say, if it wasn't for this nasty weather, I never would have made it to the door without being stopped and questioned over this huge gift basket I was schlepping.

Finally, I make it in and start to enter the office where the gift basket is going. The receptionist bursts out of her chair and says, "YOU CAN'T COME IN HERE WITH THAT!".

I jumped back and she, like, pushes me out of the way like a ragdoll! I started laughing and she realized what she had done, didn't bat an eye, and told me to stay put. And I dare not move, she was quite serious.

Apparently, the mother to be worked in the front of the office and father to be worked in the back of the office. My bright and shiny, dedicated receptionist was at a loss on what to do.

After thinking long and hard, we devised a plan... "you go thatta way, I will go thissa way". And what do you know, it worked!

But for a brief moment, I felt like a super sleuth, Bloodhound Gang, Velma, Shaggy, and Scooby all rolled into one.

The thrill of seeing everyone in that office coo and woo and awe and ohhh was just priceless.

However, I have decided that delivering baby gift baskets is dangerous! I think I can handle the "every once in a while" deliveries. It was fun.

I hope that you all have these exciting moments in your life and enjoy them as much as I do!

Be well,
Sabain Mandell
http://www.adorablediapers.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment