Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Philadelphia & New York International Gift Show

I had the chance to get over to the Philly Gift Show this past Sunday.

Wow. Wow. Wow. I met amazing vendors, people pumped and excited about their products, their brand, and just an amazing energy in that place!

We had decided to go in as buyers, and not get a booth, because frankly, not knowing what to expect, I didn't want to chance wasting money, and I like to get it right the first time.

I met reps from a couple of different companies and talked about Adorable Diapers. I have to advise you, no matter how excited, greedy, anxious, nervous, you are when talking to people about your business, if it doesn't feel right, shut up, and be polite and walk away. I am not like a ching-chang-ding-a-ding-dong (for those of you who used to watch the BBC tv Show, Absolutely Fabulous) and can somehow read people, but I do trust my big ole gut. And I did meet a couple of people I felt that I would not jive with very well. I could feel problems already. You know what I mean?

But I did have a company that I met inadverdantly and they seem like what I would be looking for. Happy accident, if you will. I liked everything they said and I look forward to talking with them soon.

I wish I could go to the NYC International Show. I don't think I have seen anything until I have seen that! One day. I don't know what's stopping me from going, actually. Have to think about that and get back to you!

In the meantime, have a lovely day with peace and harmony...you know, the things that aren't present here in Casa de Crazy.

Have you been to any gift shows? What was your experience?

ps: the food they had catered in was GOOOOOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment